The 2019 Screenwriters Lab returns to SVFF!
Past hosts and mentors have included Academy Award winner Stephen Gaghan [Traffic], Academy Award winner David Seidler [The King’s Speech], Academy Award winners Nat Faxon and Jim Rash [The Descendants], Academy Award nominees Melisa Wallack and Craig Borten [Dallas Buyers Club], Jay Duplass [Transparent], Will McCormack [Toy Story 4], Chris Moore [Project Greenlight] and filmmaking legends Mark and Jay Duplass [Togetherness]. During the Screenwriters Lab, these dynamos discuss their careers, present their latest work during a live table read, and take questions from the audience.
The 2019 High Scribe Judge is Trevor Groth, of financier/production co 30WEST, and former Director of Programming for the Sundance Film Festival. The 2019 Screenwriters Lab host will be announced soon.
The Screenwriters Lab is highlighted by the High Scribe Competition, which provides an opportunity for finalists to receive one-on-one meetings with some of the industry’s finest to discuss their work. The Screenwriters Lab is a high-profile event for seasoned professionals, aspiring writers and film fans alike that draws crowds, generates buzz and has directly led to employment and representation opportunities every year.
HIGH SCRIBE AWARD
The top three High Scribe finalists will enjoy exclusive residency at the SVFF where they are housed and mentored by established screenwriters, included in parties, and provided a Filmmaker's Pass to the Festival. The High Scribe winner receives a cash prize of $1,000 and invaluable career mentoring from top industry experts.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a logline and a non-refundable entry fee.
- Artistic statements, resumes and bios are also welcome but not required.
- Applicants must submit ONE (1) copy of their screenplay or PDF file. (Please submit entire script)
- Multiple entries are permissible, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry and fee.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- All fees are nonrefundable.
- All works must be original and unproduced as of March 1st, 2019
- Finalists will be notified early March